If you have recently lost a loved one, please accept our condolences. In order to arrange a funeral, you will need to contact a funeral director, as they will take care of most the arrangements.
You don’t need to be a church member to have a funeral in church. If you would like the vicar to visit you to talk about funeral arrangements or to support you as you come to terms with your loss, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
When someone dies there is so much to do and so many things to think about – and at a time when we may be unable to get to grips with everything or when things seem so difficult and trying. But there are lots of people to help you and to assist you in making all the arrangements that need to be made.
The priest will discuss the Funeral Service with you: she is there to help you to choose appropriate hymns, and also to talk with you about the person who has died, so that their life can be reflected in the homily. Sometimes, a member of the family may want to speak in remembrance of the person who has died and the priest can offer helpful advice with this.
Please be assured that we are here to help and offer whatever support we can.
WHY HAVE THE FUNERAL SERVICE IN ALL SAINTS ?
• A Church is a place of prayer where Christians have worshipped for some years so there is already a prayerful atmosphere.
• The Church service- prays for the departed, gives thanks for their lives and prays for those who are mourning.
• The Church holds 120 people comfortably – everyone can hear and see.
• There is plenty of on-street parking outside and in the side streets.
• The Church is easy to find.
• Thornhill Crematorium is only 15 minutes
• Twice a year we hold as Memorial – Thanksgiving Service to remember the people who have been buried from the Church. We are always pleased to see friends and relatives of the departed.
• We pray for the people whose funerals we are about to take on the Sunday before the Funeral. Family and friends are always welcome.
• The Church fee helps us to keep the building in good repair and available for the Community of Llandaff North.